Reduce Your EFC Number for FAFSA and CSS Profile
EFC Tune-UP™ Software Projects The Amount of Financial Aid By School
Answers the College Affordability Question ?
Check Out The Starter Coaching Program Includes EFC Tune-UP™
What-if-Analysis Based Upon Before / After Recommendations
And Remember It is Possible to Reduce Your EFC Number “During College”
Note: Financial Aid includes both “gift aid – free money” and “self help – loans / work study” financial help. The first step is to determine your EFC number/s and determine if there are strategies to lower your expected family contribution.
Determine | Lower Your FAFSA CSS Profile EFC Number
Compare College Costs | Financial Aid | Grant Eligibility
Personalized Family EFC Financial Aid Reporting
Do you want to see how much financial aid you might qualify for, both “needs based” and “grant aid” .
Here are two of the sample reports for you to see.
EFC Tune-UP™ does Three Things For You
1. Check to see if you can lower your EFC number for more financial aid.
2. Project how much financial aid Colleges might award your family based upon financial aid need met.
3. Determine strategies to appeal the financial aid award when appropriate – most of the time!
Click on PDF’s for Sample EFC Tune-UP™ Reports
Why Participate? What Is In It For Your Family?
If You Don’t Have Your EFC Number Yet
- Provides current projection of FAFSA PROFILE EFC and your new EFC based upon suggestions.
- Identifies strategies that can lower your EFC number, increase financial aid. Plus 3 benefits below.
If You Do Have Your EFC Number
- College Affordability Report – compares colleges that you are considering side-by-side with the amount of financial aid that you might receive, shows potential out-of-pocket costs.
- Summary PDF’s with “all” the important information about each college, easy to do your research and due diligence.
- Makes your life easier, eliminates the confusion and misdirection that occurs in choosing colleges from a financial perspective.
Reporting That Provides You With School Specific Information
“I Can’t Qualify My Family Income is Too High!”
You want to file the school required financial aid forms regardless, some schools require it for certain financial aid awards that don’t have to be paid back. And some colleges don’t, high income families have a different strategy.
“How does the EFC Tune-Up™ Course Work?”
When you enroll, we send you a link to access our EFC Financial Aid Software. There are 9 basic screens with simple instructions on what information goes into each input box. Of course we are available to answer questions, just do the best you can. This only takes 12 – 15 minutes maximum. You send us the encrypted data by just clicking a link, then we upload the information into our software. We review and consult with you on ways to lower your EFC number.
College Affordability Reporting – Net Price Calculators
Are they a good idea?
- Yes, because they motivate families to consider the college affordability issue.
- No, because they are not always accurate.
Financial Aid Eligibility Report
Shows financial aid estimates by college based upon their historical financial aid delivery habits.
College Cost Report for 4 years
- Compare up to 5 colleges side by side.
- We can customize non-educational expenses like transportation for schools that might be out-of-state.
- Determine which target schools give out more grant money compared to self help (loans and work study).
Individual College Critical Evaluation Two Page Summary Reports
Email us the colleges you want to consider. These two page summaries simplify you life with almost everything you need to know about a school on two pages.
This two Page PDF allows you to quickly filter colleges for some of your key decision making metrics.
We use this report with our personal coaching clients to track deadline dates and to complete some of our customized spreadsheets we use to easily compare and rank colleges based upon specific objectives.
Recap – WHAT Does EFC Tune UP™ Do For You and how can it help you?
- Identify Your Current Expected Family Contribution - “EFC”.
- Looks at ways to lower your EFC and help you eliminate financial aid mistakes.
- You select colleges and we provide Financial Aid Eligibility information.
- We provide for your selected colleges two-page summaries like above.
- Many Strategies are time sensitive, longer you wait the less they work.
Is This Going To Be Complicated?
No. We know the rules and the software does the calculations.
Why Is The EFC Tune-UP™ Not A Good Idea?
If you do not care.
If it takes too much time. Simple 1-2 Hours We Will Know.
If you do not see any value for your family.
If you can’t afford it.
If the cost is too high so you can’t afford it, that’s a good reason, don’t you think?
Here is part of an email a mother sent me that shows such a good reason.
“We did not try on our own to calculate our EFC but we did this online video with company called[name ommitted for privacy] then we “won” a personal call consultation where the rep. showed us via laptop showing at least 2 scenarios of what our EFC would be going with our current financial numbers from 2011 tax returns and then what the EFC would be if we went with them (at a cost of $4200) to lower it with them saying they could lower our EFC by almost $10,00.”
Would you spend $4,200 to get a return of $10,000? Sure you would as fast as you could. The problem is that even though you lower your EFC by $10,000 there is no guarantee that will translate into $10,000 of financial aid (remember “loans are usually part of the offer package).
She made a great decision, you see, I’ll give you the facts and never promise what a school might decide to award you. That is impossible, and simply a rip-off in my mind. Jim Kuhner – Coach for College
Answer the College Affordability Question?
Personalized Family EFC Financial Aid Reporting
Calculate Your “Financial Gap” by School Find Cash Flow Strategies to Close the Gap?
For a complimentary discussion, please contact Jim Kuhner Email: jimkuhner@CollegeSelec tionStrategy.com or call direct (817-600-0576).